Dr. Rainer Hable
Attorney at Law
T +43 1 25 30 025 235
Dr. Rainer Hable is a Vienna and Brussels based Barrister at Law. His legal practice focuses on European Union Law, in particular the institutional law of the European Union, European financial and economic law as well as legal representation before Union and Constitutional Courts.
Previously, Rainer Hable was a member of the Austrian National Council (Parliament) and, in this capacity, a member of the National Security Council, parliamentary group spokesman in the committees for EU affairs, national defense, budget and finance, and parliamentary group leader in the Hypo inquiry committee.
Before politics, Rainer Hable worked for international law firms in Vienna and Linz as well as for the British Department for Transport in London and for the General Secretariat of the EU Commission in Brussels.
He also taught at the Economics Department of the LSE and researched at the Department for Economic Policy and Public Finance of the University of Linz.
After graduating from a modern-languages grammar school, Rainer Hable served as a one-year volunteer in the Austrian armed forces. He is still active as a reserve officer to this day. After more than 25 years in commanding functions with the infantry, he now serves in the Military Diplomatic Service at the Ministry of Defence.
Chairman of the Board, R. u. J. Klein Family Private Trust
European Union Law, Lawers' Academy
Publications on European Union and Constitutional Law
- Vienna Bar Association
- Barrister at Law, Vienna (2017-)
- Member of the National Council (Parliament), Vienna (2013-2017)
- Barrister at Law, Linz (2012-2013)
- International law firms, Vienna / Linz (2007-2012)
- Commercial Court Vienna, District Court Meidling / Linz (2006-2007)
- London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economics, London (2006-2007)
- UK Department for Transport, Major Projects Division, London (2005-2006)
- EU Commission, General Secretariat, Brussels (2001)
- Johannes Kepler University, Department of Economic Policy and Finance, Linz (2000-2001)
- Law, Dr. iur., Institute for Constitutional Law and Political Science, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, 2010
- Economics, M.Sc. Public Financial Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London, 2004
- Business / Economics / Law, Mag.iur., Johannes Kepler University, Linz, 2000
One-year volunteer, officer candidate (infantry), 1990-1991
Matura (GCE A-Level)
Modern Languages Grammar School, Geography / German / English, Linz, 1990